THE DEADLINE FOR VIRTUAL SCHOOL APPLICATIONS IS AUGUST 25, 2021
McDowell County Virtual School Option for SY 2021-2022
A virtual school program will be available to McDowell County students in Grades 3-12. The requests of families with students in Grades K-2 will be considered on an individual basis.
During the School Year 21-22, McDowell County Schools will be working with Proximity Learning and certified teachers provided by this company. With Proximity Learning, students will have
- Five (5) days of live instruction each week with a WV certified teacher;
- Set due dates for assignments;
- A daily class schedule;
- Curriculum that is 100% aligned to the state's standards;
- A set calendar, a start date of August 30, 2021.
Applications for the virtual school can be completed at https://forms.office.com/r/NpB6kW33FY.
! Parent trainings will be scheduled for the week of August 23-27, 2021. The link to Zoom meeting will be emailed using the email you provided in the survey.
! You will be able to pick up ChromeBooks at your home schools on specific dates (those will be posted below after August 20th).
- River View High School- August 25, 2021 from 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM (ask for Dr. Stephanie Crouse)
- Welch Elementary School- August 25, 2021, from 12:00PM-2:00PM (ask for Dr. East or Mrs. Diaz)
- Sandy River Middle School- August 27, 2021, from 2:30PM-3:30PM (ask for Ms. Woolridge)
- Bradshaw Elementary School- August 25, 2021, from 2:30PM-3:00 PM (ask for Mr. Tye)
- Mount View High School (Grades 9-12)- August 26, 2021, from 8:30AM-1:30PM (ask for Ms. Hall)
- Mount View High School (Grades 6-8)- August 26, 2021, from 9:00AM-11:00AM (ask for Mr. Gravely)
- Southside K-8- August 25, 2021, from 2:00PM-3:00PM (ask for Mrs. Barrett)
- Iaeger Elementary - August 26, 2021, from 10:00AM-11:00AM (ask for Mrs. Ashby)
- Kimball Elementary- August 25, 2021, from 3:00PM-5:00PM (ask for Ms. Blankenship)
- Fall River Elementary- August 26, 2021, from 10:00AM-11:00AM (ask for Ms.Howington)