Name: Ms. Tammi Steele
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: (304) 383-4849
Conference and Planning Time: 3:00 PM to 3:40 PM
I live at Maybeury, WV with my husband Joe and our two sons Joey and Matt. I have lived in Mcdowell county for much of my life. I graduated from Bluefield State College. I just completed my masters in Reading from Concord University this past spring. I have been teaching at Anawalt Elementary for the past four years.
We have the following classroom expectations.
1. Listen when others are talking.
2. Follow directions.
3. Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
4. Work quietly and do not disturb others.
5. Show respect for school and personal property.
6. Work and play in a safe manner.
2. Teacher/students conference
3. Lunch detention, refocus
4. Parent conference
5. Principal/ student conference
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to
- Identify the meaning of unknown
words by using context clues to increase grade level vocabulary.
questions about key details of a literary or informational text.
characters, setting and major events of a story using illustrations and
- Work towards mastery of adding and subtracting within
1,000 using a variety of strategies and methods.
- Fluently multiply and divide within 100, using strategies
such as the relationship between multiplication and division.
- Develop an understanding of fractions as numbers.
- Write opinion
pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view.
informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and
- Write narratives
to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective
technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
As a teacher, I will:
- Teach students skills they can
use in all the areas of their lives, not just in the classroom;
a warm and protective environment that supports academic progress;
- Communicate with students and
their families through weekly newsletters, e-mail, telephone, and by my
classroom website; and
- Provide resources for parents
and students to encourage learning at home.
As a Student, I will:
- Be responsible for my own
behavior and my own work;
- Cooperate with others in
order to learn and grow;
- Interact with teachers and
peers in a positive way;
- Read nightly;
- Complete and return all
- Talk with friends and
family about what I learn in school.
As a parent, I
- Check agenda nightly and make sure homework
with my child every day;
- Help my child to master basic math facts;
- Helping my child anyway possible to meet his/her
learning goals; and
- Attend parent teacher conferences and parent activities.
I am looking forward to the 2016-2017 school year!