Welcome to 3rd GradeName: Ms. Tammi Steele
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone number: (304) 383-4849Conference and Planning Time: 3:00 PM to 3:40 PMAbout MeI live at Maybeury, WV with my husband Joe and our two sons Joey and Matt. I have lived in Mcdowell county for much of my life. I graduated from Bluefield State College. I just completed my masters in Reading from Concord University this past spring. I have been teaching at Anawalt Elementary for the past four years.Classroom ManagementWe have the following classroom expectations.1. Listen when others are talking.2. Follow directions.3. Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.4. Work quietly and do not disturb others.5. Show respect for school and personal property.6. Work and play in a safe manner.Consequences1. Warning2. Teacher/students conference3. Lunch detention, refocus4. Parent conference5. Principal/ student conference
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
- Identify the meaning of unknown words by using context clues to increase grade level vocabulary.
- Ask/answer questions about key details of a literary or informational text.
- Describe characters, setting and major events of a story using illustrations and details.
- Work towards mastery of adding and subtracting within 1,000 using a variety of strategies and methods.
- Fluently multiply and divide within 100, using strategies such as the relationship between multiplication and division.
- Develop an understanding of fractions as numbers.
- Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view.
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
As a teacher, I will:
- Teach students skills they can use in all the areas of their lives, not just in the classroom;
- Create a warm and protective environment that supports academic progress;
- Communicate with students and their families through weekly newsletters, e-mail, telephone, and by my classroom website; and
- Provide resources for parents and students to encourage learning at home.
As a Student, I will:
- Be responsible for my own behavior and my own work;
- Cooperate with others in order to learn and grow;
- Interact with teachers and peers in a positive way;
- Read nightly;
- Complete and return all homework; and
- Talk with friends and family about what I learn in school.
As a parent, I will:
- Check agenda nightly and make sure homework is complete;
- Read with my child every day;
Classroom HeadlinesI am looking forward to the 2016-2017 school year!
- Help my child to master basic math facts;
- Helping my child anyway possible to meet his/her learning goals; and
- Attend parent teacher conferences and parent activities.
Last Modified on October 31, 2016